A Little Taste of Everything!

THE RECIPE OF HAPPINESS!

Weekly Top Posts

Friday, February 5, 2010

My first day at blogging!

I downloaded the trial version of SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) last night to be able to have limitless access to shapes, fonts and stuff. Unfortunately, I did not know that it would place cuts through everything till I purchase the full version. I plan on purchasing SCAL in the future, oh the money I can save on cartridges!

I received my first Cricut Create machine this past October after my husband seen the infomercial on TV. My husband thought I would be able to do graphics for his truck with the Create. Ha Ha! I didn't research the product. But I new I could use help with making some hand made cards to send for a card swap I joined on anysoldier.com's web site. The Cricut machine looked perfect for me! By Christmas my husband discovered a deal on the Expression and the deal is that I have to design and cut some vinyl graphics for his truck since his business is buying the machine.


But of course I agreed to the deal! The create is rather small and extremely to small for vinyl lettering. So now I have the little Create and the Expression. Why both? Sometimes you just want something small and why get out the expression when you can use the Create. I don't know we'll see if I still use both or not.

2 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

I also have a Baby Bug and then later upgrade to an Expression, which I also love. Like you I also kept both and have them both set up and use which every is easier for the project I need.

I also have SCAL and did buy it, but have always found it confusing and hardly ever use it. In hindsight it was NOT a good investment for me. I have DS also and use that a lot more often!

GOOD LUCK!!
Lisa

Angela B. said...

I wish I had space to leave mine set up all the time. Already drooling over my 18 year old sons room...lol. Kidding. But someday! :)